January 2, 2015 at 7:24 am #2809
I just started lesson 4 of stage 1 last night. Having a great time!
I’m learning barre chords for the first time. No problem running up and down the fret board with up to 4 strings. A bit of a struggle beyond that.
I’m having difficulty adding additional fingers to the chord with my hand in position to do the bar. I’m thinking that my hand isn’t positioned quite right, despite the fact that I”m trying to use the ‘torque’ technique as suggested. I’ll keep at it!
I need some help choosing a song for the lesson. I tried to look through the old forum, but couldn’t find a suggestion. I was thinking about Green Day’s Good Riddance (Time of your Life) This involves chord changes and picking, but does not involve barre chords.
Should I choose a different song and if so, do you have any suggestions?
January 2, 2015 at 9:58 am #2812
Please check out this thread-
January 2, 2015 at 10:10 am #2815
Thank you, Sarah!!
January 3, 2015 at 11:13 am #2834
I picked Cold Gin by KISS. It’s simple, it’s all barre chords, and the little solo is simple. Try Deuce, next 🙂
Metal Method is helping me across the board!
January 4, 2015 at 10:57 pm #2851
You can look for topics like the video below – open chords tho not barre chords. I dunno about this particular video I just picked it at random from a search. (Usually I don’t like these learn-songs-by-youtube videos because they usually seem incomplete.)
Play TEN guitar songs with three EASY chords | Beginners guitar lesson
Here’s the song list from that video’s related blog post I think.
- Song 1- Knockin’ on Heavens Door by Bob Dylan
- Song 2- Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Song 3- You Can’t Always Get What You Want by The Rolling Stones
- Song 4- Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi
- Song 5- She Sells Sanctuary by The Cult
- Song 6- The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars
- Song 7- Good Golly Miss Molly (Plus other 12 Bar Blues in G)
- Song 8- Sweet Child O Mine by Guns n Roses
- Song 9- I’m a Believer by The Monkees
- Song 10- Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash
- Song 11 ( Bonus- funny song!) Dead Skunk by Loudon Wainwright III
I'm an intermediate student of Metal Method. I play seitannic heavy metal. All Kale Seitan! The glutens will be eaten with relish!
And on the Seventh Day, Mustaine said: ∇ ⨯ E = - ∂B / ∂t ; and there was Thrash; and it had a ♭3; and it was good.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.