HomeForumsSoftware2007 Course using Windows 10

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sarah Spisak 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Riv
    Participant

Someone please help me out here…..I have the 2007 Platinum Edition….and due to a very long sickness I am just getting started with the included lessons…..But I can’t get anything to run on my Win 10 platform…some help

Thanks

Riv

Sarah Spisak
    Keymaster

Hi Riv!  Do you have the downloads?  Do you have VLC Player installed?

🙂 Sarah

Riv
      Participant

No I don’t…..what are the executable file eextensions?….I don’t see any .exe but there are .but extensions??

Sarah Spisak
      Keymaster

Hi Riv,

The lesson videos have the .mp4 extension.  Do you have those files?  🙂

Igglepud
    Participant

VLC should solve most issues.

MY ROCK IS FIERCE!!!

MotleyCrue81
    Participant

Download vocals media player, then right click the lesson you want to watch in your file system, then select open with and choose vlc. Or just set VLC as the default program and just double click the lesson. Or just open vlc and open the lesson file from within vlc.

Bring hair metal back!

Doug Marks
    Keymaster

Vic there isn’t an executable file.  The download includes a video file and folders that include printable tab and Guitar Pro files.  The Guitar Pro files will not play without buying and installing the Guitar Pro App.

Metal Method Guitar Instructor

Riv
    Participant

Thanks to all for the information….I truely appreciate it….and Doug…I took your advice a long time ago and purchased GP6.

Again….thanks for the advice….it ended out pointing me to a more serious issue…My Optical drive has basically soiled the bed!!….I downloaded VLC and luckily found a new replacement drive for $12….delivered!!…If I have any issues after that, I will post them….It’s really the ballz to know that this forum produces quick, reliable advice by multi members….especially the King and Queen of MM..Doug and Sarah!!!…I got away from the forum about 5-6 years ago….I’ve been browsing it now and find a community of smart, professional, and extremely friendly….so I’m gonna stick around this time…and order some lessons soon…Thank you All….Have a Cool Yule!!!….Riv

Sarah Spisak
    Keymaster

Hi Riv,

Great to have you back on the forum!  We’re glad that you got your technical problem solved.  🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.